Wednesday, July 3
- Vast war letter collection shows sacrifice
- Navy boosts Persian Gulf patrol craft force
- Sentence reduced for airman guilty of child sexual assault
- Marines poised for mission in Egypt
- MARPAT shorts from Ralph Lauren?
- Band of Brothers: 3 siblings enter West Point
- Obama treads cautiously on Egypt leader's ouster
- 4-star general takes command of U.S. Army Pacific
- Egypt's military ousts President Morsi, orders new elections
- Movie Review: Hi ho — no!
- U.S. defends force-feeding of Guantanamo prisoners
- Senators aim to enhance voting rights for military
- Lawmaker defends Pinon Canyon amendment
- At least 17 dead in Iraq attacks
- German official: Drop U.S. sites if you fear spying
- Letters from father of U.S. Navy surface in S.C.
- Guardsmen, friend mistakenly given cash at Taco Bell drive-thru
- Veterans of Korea recall their 'Forgotten War'
- Troops, vets can see 'White House Down' for free on July 4
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1Analysis: U.S. officials parse term 'ground troops' when describing Iraq mission
2Marine sergeant and friends bag record-setting alligator
3A gym & a prayer: Marine vet's CrossFit business draws on personal ties
4Abuse scandals prompt Hagel to examine military's links to NFL
5Toddler ignores military protocol, greets mom