Wednesday, July 31
- Hagel: Budget cuts will shrink pay, benefits and force
- Photo gallery: Korean War soldier's remains buried
- Afghanistan, U.S. near agreement on post-2014 force
- Kerry in Pakistan to discuss drones, Afghanistan
- General: Manning leaks fractured U.S. relationships
- Only one bidder for new presidential helo?
- Little restraint in military surplus giveaways
- NSA chief talks at hackers' conference in Vegas
- As wars wind down, spec ops mission shifts to conflict prevention
- With 3 'hops,' NSA gets millions of phone records
- Manning faces up to 136 years in prison as sentencing begins
- Group seeks humanist wedding in Naval Academy's main chapel
- Shady lenders still pose problems for troops, veterans
- Pentagon funding for propaganda websites under fire
- City honors victims of 1945 sinking of Indianapolis
- Soldier arrested on charge of sex assault on child
- Report: Snowden says NSA can tap e-mail, Facebook chats
- GAO: For-profit, public schools show similar success rates
- Bill would strip VA of vet-owned business verification
- Court program helps vet get off drugs, change life
- Al-Qaida: We will try to free Gitmo inmates
- Bill would help troops better manage pre-service student loans
- Drive-by shootings, bombings kill 18 in Iraq
- Army's Soldier of the Year competition switching to video for interviews
- U.N. reports spike in Afghan civilian casualties
- Pentagon to bear brunt of upcoming budget cuts
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1Islamic State threat prompts new security warnings across U.S. military
2USFK: Troops cannot pay for the companionship of 'juicy girls'
3Pentagon warns employees about Islamic State threats
4Update: Ex-Warrior Training Center boss wore unearned Ranger, Sapper tabs
5'Suicides are a problem in the Guard'