Wednesday, September 4
- Group creates award for vet employment nonprofits
- House begins consideration of Syria resolution
- Kerry: Extremists have not hijacked Syrian rebels
- Senate committee approves Syria war resolution
- House panel debate raises new doubts on Syria
- VA to give benefits to same-sex spouses
- Pentagon developing mobile units to neutralize chemical weapons materials
- Fort Hood shooter Hasan forcibly shaved in Leavenworth
- Many vets' caregivers cut out from federal benefit
- Manning seeks presidential pardon
- Former Tricare West contractor picked to help manage VA program
- Holiday mail deadlines around the corner
- General: 'Conditions are set' to win Afghan war
- Obama reassures Europeans over U.S. surveillance
- Obama: Congress, world credibility on line
- French PM: Assad could strike again if no one acts
- Military spouse choir finds out fate on tonight's 'America's Got Talent'
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1Troops and vets get star treatment at premiere of 'Fury'
2Spain gives U.S. go-ahead to use bases against Ebola
3Brad Pitt's 'Fury' movie goes for carnage over plot
4Marine under voluntary Ebola quarantine
5U.S. soldiers, tanks train in Eastern Europe to show Russia that NATO will hold the line