Tuesday, December 17
- BAH rates up 5 percent in 2014; program changes on horizon
- Have Afghan forces intentionally surrendered turf in Sangin to the Taliban?
- Medical retirees included in COLA reductions
- NATO: Afghanistan helo crash kills 6 U.S. troops
- Navy investigator pleads guilty in bribery case
- 3 former Special Forces soldiers plead guilty in Army fraud case
- Japan's hawks unveil sweeping defense upgrades
- U.S. orders staff out of South Sudan amid unrest
- Afghan security deal to be OK'd 'in timely manner'
- Guantanamo judge ejects defendant at 9/11 hearing
- U.S. boosts support for Philippines security forces
- Senate clears way for final vote on broad budget deal
- Balancing school and deployment
- Schools open campuses in booming markets abroad
- Education briefs
- Fast degrees for troops
- Senate confirms Johnson as new DHS secretary
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1Islamic State threat prompts new security warnings across U.S. military
2USFK: Troops cannot pay for the companionship of 'juicy girls'
3Online shopping privileges for all vets is likely, official says
4Pentagon warns employees about Islamic State threats
5Staff sgt. reunited with the helmet that saved his life