Thursday, January 16
- McCain, Kaine unveil measure to change war powers
- 1 killed in Black Hawk 'hard landing' at Hunter Army Airfield
- Lab: Workout supplements short on creatine, BCAAs
- Academic credits for military training don't always get you closer to a degree
- Banks, aid groups robbed in S. Sudan looting spree
- DoD expects recruiting to slow down as economy speeds up
- Senate sends omnibus, Pentagon-funding measure to Obama's desk
- DoD: Green Beret fatally shot in Afghanistan
- Gates skewers Congress, VA backlog on 'The Daily Show'
- Al-Qaida asks Iraqis in embattled city for support
- Ayotte asks for plan to restore vet cemetery in the Philippines
- GED exam gets major facelift
- Military financial institutions feel some Target breach fallout
- Proposed MOU would require TA schools to be eligible for civilian financial aid program
- New student vet leader details priorities
- HASC Chair McKeon acknowledges tea party tactics influenced retirement decision
- Gates warns on UK military spending cuts
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1Islamic State threat prompts new security warnings across U.S. military
2USFK: Troops cannot pay for the companionship of 'juicy girls'
3Online shopping privileges for all vets is likely, official says
4Pentagon warns employees about Islamic State threats
5Staff sgt. reunited with the helmet that saved his life