Thursday, February 27
- Online copycats take advantage of Pfc.'s flag salute outrage
- Senior defense official: 'We don't want to cut.' Blame Congress.
- New Navy ship bears reminders of Sept. 11 crash in Pa.
- Commissaries move to stem 'bulk buying,' coupon abuse
- Senate blocks huge vets benefits bill
- GAO: New health agency staffing in flux, savings unclear
- Russia warship docks in Havana harbor
- Relatives of victims in 2011 Chinook crash seek answers
- Kerry: Russia pledges to respect Ukraine's borders
- Seoul: North Korea fired short-range missiles into sea
- SecDef on Afghanistan: Total troop withdrawal could pose problems
- Pentagon: Syria should hand over chemicals faster
- Key lawmaker: Don't try to hash out pay reform this year
- Hagel urges Russia to act cautiously on Ukraine
- Sen. Warren: Weigh risk of civilian casualties
- Iraq contractor pleads guilty in tax case
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1Donor gives Purple Heart to 12-year-old stabbing victim
2Texas governor to send 1,000 National Guard troops to border
3Opinion: No need to go back to Iraq — the job may be done for us
4Guardsmen will not patrol border to catch illegal immigrants
5White House to launch new high-tech job training initiative for veterans