Friday, July 25
- Family of murdered Marine 'betrayed' after Afghan killer gets 7-year sentence
- You're invited: Participate in Military Times' annual reader survey
- Muslim group seeks pardon for Marine vet convicted in Iran
- DoD tightens tuition assistance rules
- Welsh gives Air Force top ethics marks; Congresswomen say comments are 'troubling'
- As Russia-Ukraine tension flares, NATO wants a base closer to the action
- Pentagon: Bigger Russian artillery moving into Ukraine soon
- Number of military suicides showing uptick
- Afghan Taliban leader warns against pact with U.S.
- U.S. clears Kuwaiti for release from Guantanamo
- House to Obama: No troops to Iraq without our OK
- Iraq Sunni militias pinched by jihadis, corruption
- Former astronaut Hank Hartsfield dies at 80
- Central American leaders convening at White House
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1Calls for brass to resign add to debate over Mideast policy
2Poll: 70% of troops say no more boots on the ground in Iraq
3Meet the Zumwalt: The Navy's stealth destroyer will go to sea next spring
4DoD policy will allow some immigrants in U.S. illegally to serve
5Obama: U.S. underestimated Islamic State