Tuesday, August 12
- Army budget director promoted to 3-star
- SecDef Hagel: 130-member team to assess Iraq's 'squandered opportunity'
- Hagel changes hair policy after controversy
- Shrine wall to be replaced at USS Arizona Memorial
- Leaders who tweet: Savvy see social media as tool to increase understanding of military
- Pentagon official: 130 advisers heading to northern Iraq
- Attorney: Manning not receiving hormone therapy
- Soldiers prep humanitarian aid for Iraq airdrops
- Judge orders exam for Guantanamo hunger striker
- Militants have not yet displayed surface-to-air capability, Pentagon says
- SOCOM tries again with propaganda research
- Airman portrayed by Robin Williams reacts to actor's death
- Changes to your combat uniform
- Ukraine: Russian aid can enter with Red Cross OK
- Art studio to offer vets 'healing space'
- VA takes big strides in treating military sex trauma victims
- Robin Williams was a staple of USO tours overseas and in U.S.
- Iraqi military helicopter crashes delivering aid
- Iraq's Maliki tells army to keep out of politics
- Senate bill calls for research on families of troops exposed to toxins
- Virtual High School open to more students
- Attacks kill NATO soldier, 3 Afghan policemen
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1A gym & a prayer: Marine vet's CrossFit business draws on personal ties
22014 Basic Pay: 20 Years of Service and Below
3'American War Generals' a sobering reflection on U.S. failures in Iraq
4Navy identifies Hornet pilot presumed dead after collision
5'Truly extraordinary': Medal of Honor awarded to 2 soldiers for actions in Vietnam