Tuesday, August 12
- Army budget director promoted to 3-star
- SecDef Hagel: 130-member team to assess Iraq's 'squandered opportunity'
- Hagel changes hair policy after controversy
- Shrine wall to be replaced at USS Arizona Memorial
- Leaders who tweet: Savvy see social media as tool to increase understanding of military
- Pentagon official: 130 advisers heading to northern Iraq
- Attorney: Manning not receiving hormone therapy
- Soldiers prep humanitarian aid for Iraq airdrops
- Judge orders exam for Guantanamo hunger striker
- Militants have not yet displayed surface-to-air capability, Pentagon says
- SOCOM tries again with propaganda research
- Airman portrayed by Robin Williams reacts to actor's death
- Changes to your combat uniform
- Ukraine: Russian aid can enter with Red Cross OK
- Art studio to offer vets 'healing space'
- VA takes big strides in treating military sex trauma victims
- Robin Williams was a staple of USO tours overseas and in U.S.
- Iraqi military helicopter crashes delivering aid
- Iraq's Maliki tells army to keep out of politics
- Senate bill calls for research on families of troops exposed to toxins
- Virtual High School open to more students
- Attacks kill NATO soldier, 3 Afghan policemen
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1John McCain calls Navy 2-star an 'idiot' during interview
2Kidnapping plot in Turkey raises new questions about U.S. troops' safety
3Five Questions: Meghan McCain, co-host of 'TakePart Live' on Pivot TV
41.7 percent COLA increase starts in January
5U.S., South Korea delay transfer of wartime control
- PT365 Run Plans | Marathon race tips: Run it like a hybrid car from Lt. Col. (Dr.) Mark Cucuzzella
- CrossFit vs. unit PT | Troops will do the training plans in what’s likely the biggest CrossFit study ever
- GearScout | How to gear up for a stage race from a gear pro and 170-mile Grand to Grand finisher