WASHINGTON — Several coalition forces and Afghan civilians were wounded Monday after their convoy was targeted in a suicide attack, according to a press release from Operation Resolute Support.

The convoy was hit by a vehicle-borne improvised explosive device near the village of Qal’eh-ye Musa Bala in Parwan province, north of Kabul.

The wounded service members sustained non-life threatening injuries and are receiving treatment at Bagram Airfield hospital, according to the press release.

It is not known at this time if any of the wounded are American service members. Military Times has reached out to officials at Resolute Support and have yet to receive a response.

According to an Afghan defense official, the Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack.

Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid took to social media and claimed a U.S. convoy was hit by a car bomb killing 13, wounding 11, and destroying 3 armored vehicles in Parwan. Military Times cannot confirm the veracity of the Taliban claim, and the Taliban frequently exaggerate their operations in Afghanistan.

The attack comes on the heels of another suicide attack last Wednesday against an entry control point at Bagram Airfield. That attack wounded three American service members and killed an Afghan linguist, according to a report from Military Times.

The Taliban claimed that attack was in response to offensive propaganda leaflets dropped by U.S. forces in Parwan. U.S. officials recently apologized for the leaflets, which depicted the Taliban flag as a white dog superimposed with Islamic religious text known as the Shahada. Dogs are considered unclean by many Muslims.

It is not known if the latest attack was in response to the leaflets dropped by U.S. forces or related to the anniversary of Sept. 11 terrorist attacks in which several thousand Americans were killed by al-Qaida operatives.

Afghans wounded in the recent attack were taken to a local hospital and their condition is unknown, according to the press release.