ARES Watches is proud to announce the release of the DIVER-1. Officially launched last week at the NYC Wind Up Watch Convention, DIVER-1 is an American made mission timer built to withstand the rigors of any conceivable operation.
Under the auspices of Matthew Graham, owner and lead designer, ARES utilizes the highly regarded specialists of Seattle’s Watch Technology Institute to ensure consummate craftsmanship. These professional watchmakers create and individually certify every Ares Watch before it is allowed into the wild.
Graham, who spent the last 12 years working for the Central Intelligence Agency, designed the DIVER-1 to be the timepiece he always wished he’d had - a quality built, made in the USA, hard use mission timer operational watch, guaranteed for life and offered at a great value.
The serialized DIVER-1 is a limited release hard-use mission-timer tool watch. It was designed and assembled from domestic and internationally sourced components, then tested, certified, and serviced by hand in Seattle. As of product delivery, the DIVER-1 will have endured more than 20,000 hours of rigorous operational use evaluation in various locations around the world.
- Case, Caseback, Crown, & Bezel
- 41.0mm 316L stainless steel bead blasted two-piece case with individually serialized, engraved, screwback construction
- 42.0mm 316L stainless steel bead blasted bezel, featuring countdown timer with C3Superluminova, clear coat finish, aggressive ‘no-slip’ teeth, and 120-click unidirectionalcountdown mission timer
- 49.5mm lug to lug
- 22mm drilled lugs with 1.8mm shoulderless spring bars, supplied with a 3-ring and 5-ring LASH nylon strap
- 10 o’clock ‘fat head’ 7.2mm logo’d screw down crown, featuring aggressive ‘no slip’ teeth and double Viton seals
- CASE, CASEBACK, CROWN, & BEZEL
- Ronda 715Li 5-jewel / gold plated analog quartz movement with EOL indicator
- 10 year standard battery life utilizing No. CR2016▪ 3V lithium-ion battery
- Brass dial with C3 printed hour indicators, painted minute indices and logo
- Flat sapphire crystal with inner AR coating
- Brushed stainless C3 hands
- Anti-magnetic rating 18.8Oe, shock resistant toNIHS-91-10 and thermo compensated -0 to 50+ C.
Wondering why you should have a good watch on your wrist when you have all that tech-gear to tell you the time? Here are six reasons - and there are more.
About Ares Watch Company: Ares Watch Co. (https://areswatches.com) is an American watch company manufacturing hard-use mission timers in the Pacific Northwest. Connect via Instagram, @areswatchco, or and see more online, areswatches.com. Founder and lead designer Matthew Graham has nearly a quarter century of operational experience, including 12 years within the intelligence community. The last four of those were spent as the OIC of a firearms and tactics program for low profile operations. Learn more about Matthew Graham at grahamcombat.com (@grahamcombat). Fight with what you carry; nobody is coming to save you.