When it come to reservists, only those with fewer than 4,320 retirement points as of Dec. 31 can opt into the Blended Retirement System. Not sure about your point total? Here’s how to find out:

Army National Guard: Soldiers can review their Retirement Points Account Management System report. This review is conducted annually around the birth month of the member, and an updated copy is then posted to the soldier’s interactive Personnel Electronic Records Management System, or iPERMs, record.

Air Force Reserve and Air National Guard: Airmen refer to the Air Force Portal, Virtual Military Personnel Flight or vMPF, point summary website at www.my.af.mil/afpc2ww3/vmpf/Hub/Pages/ConfirmInfo.asp.

Army Reserve: Soldiers can review their Chronicle Retirement Point Statement DA 5016 at www.hrc.army.mil. Select “My Records” tab to review. You’ll need a Common Access Card.

Marine Corps Reserve: Marines can review their Career Retirement Credit Report at https://mol.tfs.usmc.mil/mol.

Navy Reserve: Sailors can review their records at https://www.bol.navy.mil/ARPR.

Karen has covered military families, quality of life and consumer issues for Military Times for more than 30 years, and is co-author of a chapter on media coverage of military families in the book "A Battle Plan for Supporting Military Families." She previously worked for newspapers in Guam, Norfolk, Jacksonville, Fla., and Athens, Ga.

In Other News
Load More